Waldron, AR - Customer Service Representative (for Satellite Technician opening)
Wanted: Satellite Technician / Installer
Southern Star, the largest service provider for DISH, is looking to hire Satellite Technicians / Installers throughout the South Central US. DISH is experiencing significant growth due to products like DISHNET and The Hopper. We are hiring technicians that take pride in their work and want to be the best at what they do in order to meet the ongoing customer demand. While no satellite technician experience is required, we look for those with the ability to learn and the drive to succeed that are committed to excel in the field!
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people who love to work with their hands, are technically inclined, not afraid to work outside, have a strong desire to succeed, and are capable of delivering world-class customer service.
Why work for us?
Southern Star has been in business since 1985 because we have a strong focus on our technicians. Technicians are the face of Southern Star to our customers and the key to our success. We have a 30 year history of stability, growth and opportunity. We continually work to ensure our technicians earn a good living while providing opportunities for a work-life balance.
- Production based pay, creating the opportunity to earn well above your hourly rate if you are highly productive
- Competitive hourly and overtime wages
- Incentive Pay for achieving performance goals
- Commission programs for providing customers additional solutions and products
- Paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools, a fuel card, and a vehicle.
- Progressive scheduling plan allowing for flexibility and an increased number of weekends off based on years of service.
- Independent work with unparalleled promotional opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, and 401K.
We provide support and ongoing training for all of our technicians that helps ensure the highest quality of service. This in turn helps our technicians to continue to raise the bar on their own earning potential.
What the Job Entails:
- Professionally installing and servicing DISH Satellite Systems/Products in the customer's home.
- Using problem-solving and technical skills to install, test and/or repair satellite dishes and internet related equipment.
- Provide excellent customer experience while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Evaluate job site to assess optimal placement of satellite dish and communicate with customers to review the installation process.
- Troubleshoot systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage.
- Provides customer education regarding system usage and additional products and services.
- Manage the administrative processes including van inventory and appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that the highest quality of service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid U.S. Driver License
- Good Driving Record
- No Criminal History
- Drug-Free Workplace
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable, and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates, and remain within the individual weight limitation of 275lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays, and evenings.