WANTED: Satellite Technician / Installers
Do you have what it takes?
Southern Star, the nation's largest service provider for DISH, is looking to hire Satellite Technician / Installers throughout the South Central United States. DISH is experiencing significant growth due to products like DISHNET and The Hopper. We are hiring new technicians to meet the ongoing customer demand. While no satellite technician experience is required, we look for those who will excel in the field!
What we are looking for:
We are looking for people who love to work with their hands, are technically inclined, not afraid to work outside, have a strong desire to succeed and are capable of delivering world-class customer service.
Who is Southern Star?
Southern Star is a family owned and operated business. We have 18 offices throughout the South Central United States with over 6oo professional Satellite Technician / Installers. The great thing about this job is that you can live anywhere in our service area and work for us.
Our service area includes: most of Texas and Arkansas, Southern Oklahoma, Easter New Mexico and Western Louisiana.
Why work for us?We have been in business since 1985 and are not only stable but growing. We ask for a lot however we give a lot in return.
Every person we hire is an employee, which means we provide:
- Competitive hourly and overtime wages plus Southern Star provides our technicians with paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools, a fuel card and a vehicle.
- An opportunity to earn additional bi-weekly incentive pay through achieving your performance goals.
- Progressive Incentive program for providing additional solutions to customers.
- Highly independent work with unparalleled promotional opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental. 401K and tuition reimbursement.
What the job entails:
- Professionally installing and servicing DISH Satellite Systems/Products in customer's homes.
- Using problem-solving and technical skills to install, test and/or repair satellite dishes and internet related equipment.
- Evaluate job site to assess optimal placement of satellite dish and communicate with customers to review the installation process.
- Troubleshoot systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage.
- Provides customer education regarding system usage and additional products and services.
- Manage the administrative process including van inventory and appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that the highest quality or service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Good Driving Record
- No Criminal History
- Drug-free Workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, being resourceful and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirements of 275lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings.
Do you think you have what it takes?