Who is Southern Star?
Southern Star is a family owned and operated business. We have 17 offices throughout the South Central United States with over 5oo professional Satellite Technician / Installers. The great thing about this job is that you can live anywhere in our service area and work for us.
Our service area includes: most of Texas and Arkansas, Southern Oklahoma, Easter New Mexico and Western Louisiana.
Why work for us?We have been in business since 1985 and are not only stable but growing. We ask for a lot however we give a lot in return.
Every person we hire is an employee, which means we provide:
- Production based pay, creating the opportunity to earn well above your hourly rate if you are highly productive.
- Competitive hourly and overtime wages plus Southern Star provides our technicians with paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools, a fuel card and a vehicle.
- An opportunity to earn additional bi-weekly incentive pay through achieving your performance goals.
- Progressive Incentive program for providing additional solutions to customers.
- Highly independent work with unparalleled promotional opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and 401K.
We provide support and ongoing training for all our technicians that helps ensure the highest quality of service. This, in turn, helps our technicians continue to raise the bar on their own earning potential.
What the job entails:
- Professionally installing and servicing DISH Satellite Systems/Products in customer's homes.
- Using problem-solving and technical skills to install, test and/or repair satellite dishes and internet related equipment.
- Evaluate job site to assess optimal placement of satellite dish and communicate with customers to review the installation process.
- Troubleshoot systems to determine the appropriate resolution for reported problems with usage.
- Provides customer education regarding system usage and additional products and services.
- Â Manage the administrative process including van inventory and appropriate documentation.
- Ensure that the highest quality or service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction.
- Adhere to safety guidelines and requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Valid U.S. Driver's License
- Good Driving Record
- No Criminal History
- Drug-free Workplace
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, being resourceful and strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirements of 275lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings.
To be considered an applicant, please apply and complete the online application. Our Employment Center will contact qualified applicants in 24-48 hours for an interview. Southern Star, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
You can also apply with your Indeed Profile.